- Most children range in age from 6-18.
- May be part of a sibling group (2 or more).
- Come from diverse ethnic and cultural populations.
- May have medical, mental and/or physical health issues.
- May have developmental delays.
- May have been exposed to drug and alcohol use/abuse.
All foster children are affected by the separation from their family. Sometimes this stress and worry shows up in their behavior. Some children have not experienced the usual routines of family life and need extra understanding and patience.